Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Since I last posted...

Life has been CRAZY. Truly, a rollercoaster of ups and downs, with little in-between.

All of this has happened since the end of November:

On my 29th birthday in December, I announced to family and close friends that I was pregnant and expecting a baby in July.

  • We celebrated Christmas, then rang in the New Year with high hopes and expectations for 2013.

  • After realizing that we would need to put our kids in public school, we firmly decided it was time to move into an area supported by better schools, so we found a new place to live.

  • Valentino found out he was going to be a big brother at my 12-week screening ultrasound, where we all got to see the healthy, growing baby.

  • We took a road trip to Disney World and spent 5 days there with Vic's brother's family.

  • Vic and I caught a horrible cold/virus that had us literally laid-up in bed for four days.

  • At 15 weeks, I went to my Ob/Gyn to be checked out for the aforementioned cold and found out that I had experienced a "missed miscarriage" - our baby had died, but I never knew {I had no symptoms}.

  • I was "put under" for my first ever surgical procedure, and spent a week on leave from work.

  • Less than two weeks later, we moved into our new house over the course of a long weekend.

Like I said - CRAZY. I plan to post about each of these experiences at some point. Right now, we're still working on settling in to our new house {which we love!} and getting life back to normal. Overindulging during the pregnancy {and the holidays!} and the "grief gain" has left me with extra weight that I've started to work off, which I'll be writing about as well.

All in all, however - I'm feeling better and like I'm getting to a better place. Vic and I have had some great discussions about our family and what the future holds, and we feel content with our choices. I know the future is bright for us!

Needless to say, I have quite a bit to write about - now I have to find {MAKE!} the time.





No comments:

Post a Comment