Monday, May 7, 2012

Better late than never...?

Workouts since last post:

Friday = 9.5 miles of hills on my bike after work
Saturday = 8 mile (!!!) run first thing in the morning

Totally dropped the ball on my Friday Love post... so here it is... LATE {aka, story of my life}:

4 Things I love{d} about the {last} week:

1. Sticking to it! I'm happy to announce that I did, indeed, complete Hal's training plan last week! I didn't necessarily follow the correct order nor do the exact mileages, but I did the right number of runs vs. cross-training. I also stuck with my mindful eating plan all week, and I didn't have any nighttime snacks in front of the TV, even when I could've consumed my arm due to hunger.

2. Sore muscles. I love the feeling of sore muscles to remind you of an effective workout {note: I'm not talking about the "you obviously have an injury" type of sore/pain}. Due to #1, I spent most of the week with a nice reminder that I was workin' it ;-) It's addicting!

3. Having plans. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that having plans to do something - whether it's big {a trip! a baby! a half marathon!} or small {plant flowers! de-clutter! take a day off!} - really keeps me going. I've felt very apathetic lately, but between training for this half marathon and dreaming up plans for the summer {a la my summer to-do list}, I've been able to keep somewhat focused.

4. Return of the warm evening. It was so hot all week {90* +}, which meant steamy, balmy evenings. Aside from the skeeters {and accompanying bug spray stench}, I LOVE that time of night. It's so comforting, and it reminds me of summertime when I was a kid. Fun. Limitless. Carefree. :-)


And just for fun, 4 things you probably don't want to know about me:

1. I'm wearing a dress today, but I totally forgot to shave my legs. I realized this fact after getting dressed, and frankly, I could care less. Thankfully, I have light-colored, fine hair, so I don't think anyone can tell. Plus, I hardly see anyone all day, so - SO WHAT.

2. Since we're talking about shaving, I'll confess that I don't remember the last time I changed the razor in my shower. I will tell you that I've had the same 12-pack bag of razors for years, and there are several new ones in the bag. I'm guessing it was last summer when I last changed that razor{?}. It works though, and does a fine job - my legs are always smooth afterwards! I'm pretty sure that whole razor life-span thing is made up for marketers anyway... right?!

3. I don't wear makeup, nor do I dye my hair {probably no shock to those who personally know me}. On makeup: I don't know how/care to know how to do it properly, I don't want to spend money on it, and, I'm not saying I'm just naturally gorgeous or anything, but I don't feel that I need to wear it. Yes, I'll admit that I probably look more tired and plain than I would if I wore makeup, but it doesn't bother me enough to start doing so. I have fairly healthy/even skin {albeit oily at times}, so I guess that helps.  On hair dye: I like my natural color {caramel-y brown? light brown? some-have-called-me-blonde?}, and frankly, I don't want to have to maintain the dying cycle.

4. I'm kind of a creeper/on-line voyeur. If I meet you out and about, I will probably later google you/find you on FB/find your blog. Embarassing, but true. I did this once to the wife of a guy Vic started riding with, and Vic mentioned a fact that I found online to the guy... the guy was like "how did you know that?" Errr... needless to say, I hope to never have to explain this!

Progress on my challenges:
Smoothie A Day in May fell apart over the weekend. This morning I hopped back on, and I made one with almond milk, a scoop of Optimum Nutrition 100% whey protein, 7 fresh strawberries, a small handful of spinach(!), and some ice. This was the first time I used spinach in a smoothie, and I have to say that I DID NOT taste it. Hooray!

Photo A Day:

Day four: Fun!
{LATE - Taken during my 8 mile run on Saturday morning}
Day five: bird.
{A charm from a broken necklace - I didn't want to throw this guy away!}
Day six: you.
{Taken by my son on the carousel at Pullen Park on Sunday}

I had plans to get up and run this morning, but I couldn't get out of bed this morning. My legs are still sore from Saturday, and I wanted to sleep. Hoping to squeeze in a run or bike ride after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment