Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June Goals {a little late}

I ran after work today and I don't know why, but I am seriously wiped out now! I did my usual 4 miles around the lake, but the effort was really hard and I felt sloppy. I'll blame it on being P -5 days ;-)

Workouts since my last post:

Sunday: 14 mile bike ride with Vic pulling Valentino in the trailer {it was mostly leisurely, but a nice calorie burn nonetheless!}
He's grown a bit since the first time we put him in there!
{Take note of the lunchbox full of snacks - of course, we never leave the house w/o  it!}
Today: 4 mile crappy run

I'm planning on hitting the gym tomorrow morning then squeezing in a bike ride after work. Burn baby, BURN!

Amazingly, June has started - I cannot believe summer is in full swing already! I absolutely love summer and I have a feeling this will be the best summer yet!

Time for June's Goals:

1. Lose at least 10lbs. Ultimately, I need to lose at least 20lbs to be close to my "ideal" weight. That being said, this goal will continue to stay near the top of my goal list until it's been acheived completely! I'd love to exceed the 10lb mark in June, especially with vacation and beach trips coming up {in addition to our *hopefully* big plans in July!}

2. Cut the junk. Vic and I are working together to eat healthier and to be more mindful of what we eat. We're going to keep junk food and soda out of the house, and only allow them every once in a while when we're out. So far, so good :-)

3. Fill the frames/get working on our family photo album. I started our gallery wall back in, oh... January? Several of the frames are empty or have temporary pictures in them. I need to get on Snapfish and order some prints to fill the frames, but I keep putting it off.  I also need to get to work on the MyPublisher photobook that I have a LivingSocial coupon for.

4. Have a great vacation! It's going to be interesting - between a long road trip {12 hours} and my unpredictable-ish family - but I know we're going to make the best of it. I'm hoping that the weather is nice and we can visit Frankenmuth {a German-themed city} while we're there, as well as check out some of the other local attractions {zoo? Kensington? something great I don't even know about?}
From our last visit to Frankenmuth in December 2008. It was seriously cold and drizzly/snowy, but we had fun
{Sidenote: my legs look [were] so much skinnier then!}

I look creepy, but German, right? And 4 years younger, of course.
Let's hope I can improve upon my goal failure rate from May!

No comments:

Post a Comment