Tuesday, July 17, 2012

17 Day Diet: Day 2 = hungry, but ok.

Day 1 = success. I ate as planned in the afternoon {which is where I tend to fall apart} - a cup of 0% raspberry Chobani for a snack around 3:30pm, then grilled marinated chicken and a cup of broccoli for dinner at around 6:45. That was it, and although I had a hard time getting the chicken down {so. much. chicken.}, I was okay with it.

Got up this morning at 5:20, ate 1/2 a banana then ran 3.3 miles {in about 36 minutes... pathetic!}. Weighed myself and I was down 2lbs from yesterday! Yay! I know it's all bloat/water/etc., but it's very motivating! Four pounds down for the month, six more to go :-)

I'm about to dig in to this salad:



Chicken, strawberries, blueberries and raspberry walnut dressing. I'll have a cup of Chobani for a snack later in the afternoon. Dinner will be another thrilling installation of grilled chicken and broccoli... I'm going to have to switch it up tomorrow though, so I don't get burned out on all the chicken.

Is anyone an apple cider vinegar drinker? I had heard about it and all its benefits before, but someone mentioned it on FB yesterday and it reminded me that I should give it a try. It's supposed to have many, many health benefits {my favorite being the appetite suppression!}. I've got to stop at the store and pick some up one night this week - the best variety is said to be Bragg's organic, all-natural, which is carried by Kroger stores. I want to try this recipe from Delighted Momma {I need a concoction - the smell of ACV is enough to make me barf}.

2 comments:

  1. never tried drinking apple cider vinegar before! good luck! seems interesting! :)

    and great job running this morning. i ran 3 this morning too! not sure of my pace, but i think i'm rounding out to close to a 10min/mi pace as well...it's not easy in this heat, even at 6am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACV is supposed to be awesome for your health (cancer prevention, clearer skin, improved alkalinity, toxin clarifying...). I figure I'd give it a go!

      So proud of your morning run!! If you don't mind running w/your iphone, I suggest the MapMyRide (or MapMyRun) app. It's free, and it tracks your pace/distance/etc. using the GPS on your phone. Vic and I use it for bike riding too. It's a little sketchy if you're in heavy trees, but otherwise pretty good!

      And yes, it was hot and thick this morning - I was SOAKED.

      Delete