Thursday, July 19, 2012

17-Day Diet: Days 3 & 4 = getting by

Day 3 {Wednesday} food:
Weighed in at -3lbs for the week. No exercise for the day {I had zero energy and felt so lethargic}.

Breakfast: Scoop of ON protein powder mixed w/1% milk {technically not supposed to be a meal replacement, but I was running so late}, grande skinny hazelnut latte
Snack: Plum around 9:30am
Lunch: Lunch n'learn training session... they ordered Boston Market. Oy. I had some baked turkey {so dry and flavorless...}, half a plate of roasted veggies {broccoli, zucchini, squash, carrots - also kind of flavorless}, about 5 macaroni & cheese noodles, and a pinky-sized sliver of brownie {which I truly regret, especially since it wasn't very good!}. Verdict on Boston Market = SKIP that joint!
Snack: Chobani 0% raspberry greek yogurt
Dinner: Chipotle salad with chicken, smidge of brown rice, smidge of black beans, fajita veggies {peppers & onions}, mild salsa, light sprinkle of cheese and their dressing.

Yes, I had a few carbs today. I truly felt horrible all day and was dragging - I felt that, while it wasn't "by the {diet} book," I needed to add a dash here and there. I needed a little fullness and a little fuel, and by the end of the day, I felt better. No regrets, except that I'm pretty sure all the sodium from both the Boston Market and Chipotle food resulted in some water retention, which I'm resolving today.

Day 4 (Thursday) food:
Weighed in at -2.4lbs for the week {up a little from yesterday - I blame the sodium intake yesterday}. Another 3.3mi run this morning

Breakfast: 1/2 banana before my run {5:30am}, then a smoothie {1/2c kefir, 1/2c unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 frozen banana, handful of berries, scoop of ON protein powder} and Starbucks via iced coffee {1/2 milk, 1/2 water} on the way to work.
Snack: Cherries around 10am
Lunch: Another salad creation - lettuce, grilled chicken, strawberries, blueberries, sliced peaches, raspberry walnut dressing:

Envy of the lunchroom!

Later -
Snack: Chobani 0% blueberry greek yogurt
Dinner: I have a small ham that I'm planning to cook, so although I'll make ham and mashed potatoes or rice for Vic and Valentino, I'll probably make an egg scramble for myself w/eggs, ham, and veggies. {Ham is not really "permitted," but this is lean so I'm fine w/it}.

All in all, I'm getting "used" to this way of eating, and it's becoming easier. I am still quite hungry sometimes, probably due to the fact that I don't eat enough vegetables. If nothing else, this diet is helping me to think more about what and when I eat, and it really is reigning in my sweet tooth.

Lovely side effect: I'm experiencing some weird bad breath/taste in my mouth due to either ketosis or ammonia. I'm hoping it goes away soon :-(

Personal victory: when Vic and Valentino were having ice cream last night, I wanted a bite, but I wasn't sitting in the corner salivating like a starving dog {which is a big accomplishment for me - ice cream is my #1 love!}.

All day I've been thinking and conjuring up more content for a post I've been working on for a few months now about something that's weighing on my mind... I hope to finish it and post soon!

Have you had any personal victories lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment